In 1922, Harry Clarke was commissioned to design six two-light lancet stained glass windows in the convent chapel of the Presentation Sisters in Dingle, Co Kerry. They were completed in 1924 and represent the life of Christ. The chapel is now the Díseart Institute of Education and Celtic Culture. The scenes below – which seemed appropriate for this time of the year – are from the Agony in the Garden and Christ appearing to Mary Magdalene.

We are lucky to have our own Harry Clarke’s close by, in St Barrahane’s in Castletownshend, which depict St Luke, St Louis and St Martin, and a Nativity window behind the altar with St Brigid, St Fachtna and St Barrahane.

Leave a Reply